Sileo Stable and Nightly for iOS 15 jailbreak
When you jailbreak your device you immediately think of Cydia, but there is a great alternative offering a much better user experience. Sileo focuses on speed and usability and still, it's one of the most popular package managers for iOS. The package manager is released in two separate builds for jailbreak: Sileo 2.4 Stable and Sileo Nightly.
What is Sileo?
Sileo is a modern Package Manager for iOS 12 – iOS 15 that allows users to browse and install jailbreak packages (such as apps, tweaks, and themes) from different repositories. It's designed to as easy to use alternative for Cydia, with a clean and intuitive interface. Sileo 2.5 is released for rootful and rootless jailbreaks, however a separate Sileo Nightly was published for XinaA15.
It was developed in Swift a modern programming language created by Apple to deliver lightning-fast iOS apps. Therefore, Sileo Package Manager works fast on all jailbroken devices. Recently, the developer released Sileo IPA for XinaA15 that can be sideloaded with TrollStore. Sileo Nightly was also used as the default APT for rootless Fugu15 Max jailbreak on iOS 15.
Sileo offers everything that you would expect from a modern APT package manager. Add quickly new repositories, manage all packages, navigate through categories, view the number of installed tweaks and apps per repository, or easily export all sources to the clipboard. While Sileo Nightly offers additional features and updates, it may be less stable due to daily updates.
If you're familiar with the Cydia app, you'll feel right at home when using Sileo to manage packages for jailbreak. The main page displays featured tweaks and apps from both commercial and free repositories. One of the main advantages of Sileo over Cydia is the option to purchase jailbreak tweaks and support for both, Cydia repositories and rootless repos.
Sileo's built-in API allows you to log in to commercial jailbreak repositories, purchase tweaks and apps, and access those you already own for download. On the Packages page, Sileo displays a list of all installed packages. Sort the packages by name, date, or installed size.
When you tap on an app in Sileo, you'll see a clean and informative interface with all the details you need about the package. You'll see the developer name, a helpful description, eye-catching screenshots, compatibility information, released repositories, version history, or price.
Sileo makes it easy to get the most out of your jailbreak experience. In addition to the detailed information about each package, you can also add packages to wishlist to keep track of tweaks you want to try out later. If you find a useful package, you can also easily share it with friends.
From the Packages page, you can quickly access your wishlist of saved tweaks, and export all installed packages and their versions to the clipboard. The built-in search engine makes it simple to search all added repositories for the tweaks, themes, and apps you require.
In the settings menu, you'll find a range of options to customize Sileo app. Choose from a selection of themes and icons, or enable background package updates to keep your packages up to date without interrupting your workflow. Disable auto-refresh sources, clear cache size, enable developer mode, or show your iCloud photos in the featured section.
With so many options to pick from, Sileo has something for everyone. This package manager is installed by default with Taurine and Odyssey jailbreaks made by the Odyssey Team. Sileo supports also the latest iOS 15 and is installed by the Palera1n Jailbreak.
When the XinaA15 for iOS 15 was released, Sileo received also an update to support the rootless jailbreak. Sileo Nightly can now be installed through a repository or sideloaded with the TrollStore app. Whether you install it through a repository or sideload it with TrollStore, you'll be able to take advantage of all the features of Sileo on your jailbroken iOS 15 device.
Warning XinaA15 users! The latest version of Sileo Nightly (2.4.2+20230416.1681609..) no longer supports your jailbreak. If you prefer to continue using this APT, I recommend blocking feature updates of Sileo and use the prevoius Sileo 2.4.2 build.
Sileo Nightly earns its name due to its frequent nightly updates. Although it's not typically pre-installed by any jailbreak, it is currently the only version compatible with the XinaA15 jailbreak. Despite receiving the most frequent updates out of all the builds mentioned in this article, Sileo Nightly is also the least stable version. It even receives updates before Sileo Beta.
Released an open-source project Sileo is available for download via GitHub Repo and is licensed under the BSD-4-Clause License. The developers are constantly working on updates and improvements, with the last changes being committed in 2023.
Developed using a combination of the Swift and C programming languages, which work together to create software that runs smoothly and efficiently. Over 68.9% of the code is written in Swift, which is known for its speed and performance on iOS devices.
If you're looking for an alternative package manager for your jailbroken iOS device, you might want to try Zebra. It's a fast and feature-packed package manager that works especially quickly when refreshing repositories. Zebra supports all jailbreaks running iOS 9 to iOS 15. However, rootless jailbreaks such as Fugu15 Max and Dopamine are not supported.
Info: Sileo project is now under new leadership from @elihwyma, who has made significant contributions to the Sileo app over the past year. She fixed major bugs and has also played a key role in extending Sileo support to unc0ver, checkra1n, and XinaA15 jailbreaks.
To download Sileo on your jailbroken device, you will need to add the official repository to your Cydia sources. Follow these steps to install the APT package manager and the Sileo Repo on your iPhone. Sileo Nightly for rootless is now published via Anamy Repo. Another build of Sileo DEB package was released for jailbreaks such as Fugu15 Max or Dopamine for iOS 15.
- Open the Cydia app from the Home Screen.
- Tap on the Sources tab, then select Edit.
- Add the following repository URL:
- Once the repository has been added, you can install the Sileo package.
- After installation is complete, respring your iPhone for the changes to take effect.
- Now you can access Sileo to install the latest tweaks from the Home Screen.
For added convenience, you can quickly add the repository to your preferred package managers (Cydia, Sileo, Installer, Zebra) by using the convenient quick links provided below. With just one click, you can easily add the repository and download Sileo for iOS.
How to install Sileo IPA for XinaA15 on iOS 15
The development of Sileo for XinaA15 has been discontinued, and there are no plans for updates. Sileo Beta IPA is the official version with support for XinaA15. However, for better compatibility, it's recommended to use the latest Sileo 2.4.2 DEB compatible with XinaA15.
To install Sileo IPA on XinaA15 running iOS 15, follow these steps:
- Install TrollStore on your iPhone or iPad.
- Uninstall any previous versions of Sileo-Preboot installed by XinaA15, using TrollStore.
- Download Sileo Beta IPA file and save it to your iCloud account.
- Share the downloaded IPA file with TrollStore.
- TrollStore will automatically install the Sileo Beta package when it is loaded.
- Once the installation is complete, access Sileo from Home Screen.
Version for XinaA15
- Sileo Nightly 2.4.2 dropped support for XinaA15.
- Updated Sileo Nightly for XinaA15 to Beta 5.
- Block Procursus when using XinaA15.
- Update to Canister v2.
- Fix some package removals failing.
- Fix respring/reboot triggers for installs.
- Fix installed package searching.
- Updated Sileo to version 2.5.
- Added support for iOs 17.
- Replaced usreboot for userspace reboot.
- Add tweak identifier in export list.
- Add Dopamine jailbreak detection.
- Move folders to /var/jb on rootless jailbreaks.
- Patched build that fixes rootless support.
- Fixing searching for package name.
- Fix dependency resolving errors.
- Fix could not find package errors.
- Now with support for rootless jailbreaks such as XinaA15.
- Added category icons, made by alpha.
- Added a handler for if sbreload fails to run.
- Updated localizations.
- Fixed bug where payments would fail on Face ID devices.
- Memory optimizations and reduce the number of excess objects made.
- Fix bugs where certain packages could cause a crash due to bad characters in versions.
- Change Havoc to be a default repo replacing Packix.
- Fixed bug where images would sometimes take longer than expected to load in.