AppStore++ Download for iOS
App Store is the only allowed market from where you can officially download apps and games for your iPhone and iPad. The app itself doesn't offer too many features but on a jailbroken device you can install a tweak like AppStore++ to change it.
Add AppStore++ Repo to your package manager.
What is AppStore++?
AppStore++ is a free tweak that adds to the official App Store app an option to downgrade and upgrade any installed app or game. On top of that, this tweak can also block unwanted updates forced by the App Store. AppStore++ requires jailbreak running iOS 11 - iOS 15.
Once installed, the tweak automatically integrates with the App Store app. To manage app downgrades and upgrades simply tap and hold on the "GET" button in the App Store and select the desired version to download. From here you can also block updates for the app.
AppStore++ is a really useful tweak for all users running older iOS versions. Some of the apps work only on the latest version of the firmware making them impossible to run on older devices. With AppStore++ you can downgrade and install the previous version (or any other released in the past) of an app without the min. system requirements.
The tweak installs a new preference pane to the Settings app. Here you can only reset tweak preferences. All other settings are located in the App Store app by long-pressing the Account icon. AppStore++ tweak settings allow you to manage installed apps and blocked updates.
From here you can also select a download option depending on the account type when downgrades will fail. If the auto option doesn't work for you try out a different option. The tweak works on jailbroken iDevices running iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS 13, iOS 14, and iOS 15.
AppStore++ tweak can also disable force touch, remove search ads and disable app thinning, and bypass the download limit to download apps over 3G/4G networks that are over 200 MB. What's more, AppStore++ offers a huge database of older versions of apps and games.
Additionally, the Manual install option allows not only to install an older version of the app manually but also displays a changelog for all versions. AppStore++ tweak is a great extension for the App Store app. The tweak works on all modern jailbreaks including unc0ver or checkra1n.
When you run an older jailbreak for iOS 8 or iOS 9 you can install the App Admin tweak. This is a great alternative for AppStore++ and it allows you to downgrade your apps to any previous versions still hosted by Apple. App Admin requires to enter app id to start downgrading.
Note: AppStore++ can be also installed without jailbreak on iOS 15.
AppStore++ is a great tweak no matter if you want to downgrade iOS apps or upgrade iOS apps. The installation process of apps is really easy thanks to the integrations with App Store. This feature makes the tweak even more powerful and user-friendly.
The developer behind the ++ tweak for AppStore is Coke Pokes. He is frequently updating AppStore++ to make it work on the latest jailbreaks and it should also support the jailbreak for iOS 15. Use this tweak to downgrade popular iOS apps like Netflix, Spotify, Evernote, and more.
How to downgrade iOS apps
App Store offers a basic option to run an outdated version of an app on older devices but there is no option to select a specific release. The other downside of this feature is that, if you didn't download the app in past no download option will be present. A solution for this issue is the AppStore++ tweak that allows you to downgrade iOS apps on your jailbroken device freely.
- Delete the app you like to downgrade from the system.
- Open the App Store app from Home Screen.
- Search for the app you like to downgrade.
- Tap on the results to go to the app’s main page.
- Press and hold the Cloud button to display available options.
- AppStore++ will display a new menu.
- Tap on the Upgrade/downgrade button.
- Select one of the available versions to start downloading the app.
- AppStore++ will downgrade the app to the selected version.
- Open the downgraded app from Home Screen.
The same procedure is used to upgrade an app to a not-available version through AppStore++. To install the latest release simply download an app from the official App Store.
AppStore++ tweak for iOS 15
Recently, an AppStore++ tweak for TrollStore was released. This AppStore++ IPA version allows you to run the App Store downgrade tool without a jailbreak on iOS 15.0 up to iOS 15.1.1. In the future, it will be possible to run the app also on iOS 15.2 up to iOS 15.4.
TrollStore is an IPA installer that uses the CoreTrust bug discovered by Linus Henze and allows you to install IPA files on iOS 15 up to iOS 15.1.1 permanently without revokes on jailed iDevices running iOS 15. No jailbreak is required! AppStorePlus-TrollStore can be installed with this app.
AppStore++ for iOS 15 was released as a standalone app that displays all installed apps on your iPhone. Unlike in the App Store, using AppStore++ for iOS 15 you can freely upgrade on downgrade selected apps to any version. This version works outside the App Store.
Step 1. Install TrollStore for iOS 15 on your iPhone.
Step 2. Download AppStore++ IPA v1.2 for iOS 15 in Safari browser.
Step 3. Open the downloaded file in the Files app.
Step 4. Send the AppStore++ IPA to the TrollStore app.
Step 5. Access the installed AppStore++ for iOS 15 from Home Screen.
To install the tweak add to your list of Cydia Sources the AppStore++ Repo and install the package. AppStore++ will integrate into App Store and add an option to upgrade and downgrade apps. Adding a CokePokes Repo to Cydia Sources is simple and easy.
- Open the Cydia app from the Home Screen.
- Tap Sources → Edit → Add the https://cokepokes.github.io Repo URL.
- Search for the tweak in the newly added AppStore++ repo and install the package.
- Restart the Springboard when prompted to apply changes.
- This tweak will integrate with the official App Store app.
Alternatively, please use the quick links available at the top of this page to add with just one tap the repository to your favorite package manager (Cydia, Sileo, Installer, Zebra).
- AppStore++ for TrollStore added support for iPad and iOS 13.
- Version 1.1 fixes API slowness for retrieving versions.
- AppStore++ no longer depends on a country code for looking up apps.
- Fixed crashes of the tweak.
- Switched from NSLocale to SSDevice to grab country code.
- Fixes the Auto Download Option on some devices.
- Some code optimization in network requests.
- Allow downgrades in springboard Spotlight search. Requires auth.
- Blocking updates is working more reliably.
- Fixed a bug with the Chinese web scraping.
- Fixed the update badge on the AppStore. If it's wrong, manually refresh updates.
- Fixed a crash in itunesstored daemon.
- Added option to reset AppStore++ preferences in the Settings app.
- Fixed a crash when deleting apps within AppStore++ on iOS 14.