Widgets on the Home Screen are available since iOS 14. If you running an older device you can add a useful calendar and weather widget by installing a tweak like Velaris. Add widgets with smooth animations that look and feel like a native part of iOS.
Add Velaris Repo to tour package manager.
What is Velaris?
Velaris is a jailbreak tweak that brings weather and calendar events right to the Home Screen. It adds at the top of the Home Screen a beautifully animated widget displaying useful information. This paid tweak ($1.99) works with all modern jailbreaks running iOS 13 and iOS 14.
The calendar is placed right above your icons, showing actual events, reminders, alarms, and birthdays in a beautiful scrolling carousel. There is also an option to swipe on the calendar to view the next 7 days. The weather and calendar info automatically updates throughout your day.
Once installed, the Velaris tweak adds a new preference pane to the Settings app from where you can configure all options to your liking. Toggle Velaris on or off on demand, choose greeting style or turn it off, select weather description style, and what kind of data include in calendar.
Velaris tweak comes with fluid transitions and customization options. It looks great on any device. From tweak settings, you can also set the text color to auto, black or white, enable it to show "No Event's Today" text, and modify the positioning of the widget on the Home Screen.
If you don't like the default positioning of the widget, the developer provided some advanced positioning features. Therefore, you can easily set the custom Y position measured in pixels from the top, set custom horizontal padding, custom horizontal margin, and custom icon offset.
The latest version of Velaris was moved from Packxi Repository to Havoc Repository. If you are interested in this kind of widget available for free you can try Xen HTML. This free engine offers access to thousands of widgets for both the Home Screen and Lock Screen.
Velaris tweak is listed on the havoc repository. To install the latest version of the free tweak add on your jailbroken device the official Repository to Cydia Sources.
- Open the Cydia app from the Home Screen.
- Add the https://havoc.app Repo URL to Sources → Edit → Add.
- From the newly added repo install Velaris tweak.
- Respring the device to finish the installation.
- A new preference pane is available through the Settings app.
Alternatively, please use the quick links available at the top of this page to add the repository to your favorite package manager (Cydia, Sileo, Installer, Zebra) with just one click.
- Hide certain calendars! You can choose which calendars or reminders to hide from your preferences.
- When there are no events, the scrolling weather description has been replaced with a short description (ie. "Partly Cloudy"). You can choose your preferred style in Settings: Short, Long, or None.
- Added option to hide "No Events Today" text.
- Added localization for English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Vietnamese, Romanian, and Portuguese.
- Tapping the back button to return to the first page now has a smoother animation.
- Fixed a visual bug where setting a custom margin would revert when swiping to Spotlight or the Today View.