Add color to banners, widgets, notifications, and the media player displayed on the lock screen with Velvet tweak. Install this amazing highly customizable tweak for iOS 14. What's more, replace the app icon with a picture of your contact in supported apps.
Add Velvet Repository to your package manager.
What is Velvet?
Velvet is a tweak that allows you to individually customize banners, lock screen notifications, and the media player on your jailbroken device. The tweak is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touches running the latest jailbreak with support for iOS 13.0 to iOS 14.8.
Once installed, Velvet tweak adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app with several options that you can configure to change the appearance of banners, lock screen, media player, and widgets. Of course, you can also toggle Velvet on or off on demand and reset all settings.
Velvet is not a free tweak. If you like to install it on your device and change the look of notifications on your handset you can purchase it for $2.99 from the Chariz Repository.
Configure the appearance of each section with its own settings. First, you need to decide if you want to have a classic or modern view. Depending on selection there will be different options to choose from. Moder look adds for e.g. support for displaying contact pictures in notifications.
There are just a couple of options to configure but mixing them will deliver multiple layouts that look totally different. Change the default color of the header, background, label for title and message, and border to automatic, or select your own color and transparency.
What's more, you can change the indicator from app icon to triangle, none, or dot, force the tweak to activate light or dark mode, and change rounded corners for the app icon from stock to none, round, or custom. Moder look appearance comes with additional configuration options.
When you will choose the modern look view you will be able to select the indicator size, enable compact mode, use contact pictures, and show an app icon preview in supported apps such as Discord, iMessage (single chats),Instagram, Twitter, and WhatsApp (single and group chats).
All those options apply to modify the look of banners and notifications on the lock screen. Velvet tweak can also modify the appearance of the media player. Change its background and border color, define customer rounded corners, and force it to work in light or dark mode.
On top of that, Velvet tweak can integrate into the look of widgets. There are included some options to change the widget container header and background color to automatic or custom, and also define own border color and custom rounded corners.
To see all results live the developer included a test button. It will generate some notifications from installed apps to show you whether or not you like the custom settings you’ve configured. There is no need to respring your device to apply any changes. Everything works on the fly.
The latest version of Velvet 1.5.1 does not support iOS and iPadOS 13.3.x but you can easily downgrade to the 1.4 older release of the tweak. Velvet works great with all modern jailbreaks such as unc0ver, checkra1n, and Taurine. It's well designed and adds colors to your screen.
Velvet tweak can be installed through the Chariz Repository. Add the official Velvet Repository to your list of Cydia Repos and install the tweak to personalize your handset’s notification and widget appearances for jailbroken devices. The latest version does not support iOS 13.3.x.
- Run from the home screen Cydia app.
- Tap Sources → Edit → Add the https://repo.chariz.com/ Repository URL.
- Cydia will automatically refresh packages available in the repo.
- Search for Velvet tweak and install the package.
- Restart the Springboard to save changes.
- Configure the tweak from the preference pane in the Settings app.
Alternatively, please use the quick links available at the top of this page to add the repository to your favorite package manager (Cydia, Sileo, Installer, Zebra) with just one tap.
- Fix crash when loading contact pictures for Banners that no longer exist.
- Add an option to show the contact picture instead of the app icon for iMessage and WhatsApp.
- Fix the title and message color not being correctly colored when using the automatic color with a manual background color.
- Fix the title not being colorized when using a transparent background.
- Fixes email subject text color (for real this time).
- Add option for custom App Icon corner radius (modern style).
- Add option to color app name and date.
- Fix the summary label not being colored correctly.
- Fix DND labels and thumbnails for RTL languages.