ResSet16 IPA: set screen resolution on iOS 15 - iOS 16
Every iPhone device has a predefined screen resolution that cannot be changes with convenient methods. ResSet16 is a new tool allowing users to set screen resolution on iOS 15 – iOS 16 to anything you like. What's more, it doesn't require a jailbreak to work.
What is ResSet16?
ResSet16 is a handy tool that lets you alter the screen resolution of your jailed iPhone or iPad running iOS 15 to iOS 16.1.2. Although modifying the screen resolution is discouraged and blocked by Apple, there may be instances where it proves useful.
To use ResSet16, simply sideload the IPA onto your device and launch the app from the Home Screen. The app boasts a user-friendly interface, enabling you to modify your device's screen resolution using the MacDirtyCow exploit. To undo any changes, simply reboot your device.
ResSet16 is influenced by ResolutionSetterSwift for TrollStore but leverages the MacDirtyCow exploit for greater device and iOS compatibility. The tool supports all iOS versions from iOS 15 to iOS 16.1.2 (excluding iOS 15.7.2 and iOS 15.7.3). Use it to set screen resolution on iOS 15 - iOS 16.
Tip: Users have suggested using Pro Max resolutions on smaller Pro devices for an improved aesthetic appearance. Other resolutions may result in an goofy appearance.
If you are interested Matthew Anisovich released ResSet16 as an open source project under GPL-3.0 license, with source code made available through GitHub Repository. ResSet16 is absolutely safe to use, and all changes can be reverted by force restarting your iDevice.
ResSet16 was developed using a blend of Objective-C, C, and Swift programming languages and is frequently updated by the developer. As of February 2, 2023, the latest version of the ResSet16 IPA has been released and future updates are planned to address known issues.
The default resolutions of different iPhone models:
- iPhone 4s: 640 x 960 pixels.
- iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, SE: 640 x 1136 pixels.
- iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 8: 750 x 1334 pixels.
- iPhone 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus: 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- iPhone X: 1125 x 2436 pixels.
- iPhone XS, XS Max, XR: 1242 x 2688 pixels (XS and XS Max) and 828 x 1792 pixels (XR).
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max: 828 x 1792 pixels (11),1125 x 2436 pixels (11 Pro),and 1242 x 2688 pixels (11 Pro Max).
- iPhone SE (2020): 640 x 1136 pixels.
- iPhone 12 mini: 1170 x 2532 pixels.
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max: 1170 x 2532 pixels (12),1284 x 2778 pixels (12 Pro),and 1284 x 2778 pixels (12 Pro Max).
Download ResSet16 IPA
ResSet16 IPA can be sideloaded on your device with tools like Bullfrog Assistant, Esign, SideStore, AltStore, or TrollStore. For purposes of this installation guide we will use Sideloadly. Install ResSet16 IPA file on your non-jailbreak devices to change screen resolution.
iOS 14: Install the app with TrollStore. iOS 15.0 – 15.4.1: Install the app with TrollStore, AltStore, or Sideloadly. iOS 15.5 – 16.1.2: Install the app with AltStore or Sideloadly (excludes iOS 15.7.2 & 15.7.3). iOS 16.2+: Not supported, and never will be.
To install ResSet16 IPA using Sideloadly on iOS, follow these steps:
- Download ResSet16 IPA from the link below.
- Run Sideloadly application on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer via USB.
- Load the IPA file into the app to begin the installation process.
- Enter your Apple ID to sign the ResSet16 IPA file.
- Click the “Start” button to begin sideloading the IPA file onto your device.
- When prompted, enter the password for your Apple ID.
- Open the Settings app from the Home Screen.
- Navigate to “General” → “VPN & Device Management”.
- Click on the developer app associated with your email.
- Tap “Trust” to allow the app to run.
- Updated ResSet16 IPA to version 1.1.3.
- Add a button to close the “Unsupported” alert.
- Slick new user interface.
- Numerical keyboard.
- Uses entitled file access over MDC if available.
- More reliable resolution setting.
- Bug fixes.