Palen1x ISO: Palera1n-C Jailbreak LiveCD for PC
Palera1n Jailbreak for iOS 15 to iOS 16 is not available for Windows PC, which has led to the development of a new project called Palen1x. The goal of Palen1x is to enable Windows users to access Palera1n directly from their PCs. Palen1x is based on the latest Palera1n-c rewrite, ensuring users to access the most up-to-date version of jailbreak.
Download Palen1x ISO
- Palen1x ISO Download link (amd64 processor)
- Palen1x ISO Download link (i686 processor)
What is Palen1x?
Palen1x is a compact Linux distribution of approximately 25 MB, designed for jailbreaking iOS devices using the new palera1n-c jailbreak. This jailbreak provides enhanced stability and a superior jailbreaking experience with Palera1n Jailbreak for iOS 15 to iOS 16 on A8 – A11.
This Alpine-based distro allows you to install both rootfull and rootless Palera1n-c on your iPhone or iPad. Compared to the Palera1n Jailbreak, Palera1n-c offers several advantages, including a much smaller size (7 MB) and support for passcodes on A10(X) devices. Additionally, it features automatic execution of tweaks, similar to Checkra1n, eliminating the need to manually press “Do All” from the loader. Sileo Nightly is used as the default package manager.
It's an ideal solution for PC users who wish to use Palera1n for Windows to jailbreak iPhones ranging from the 5s to the X, running iOS 15 – iOS 16.3. Palen1x is a light distribution that can be installed on a USB stick. It contains only the necessary libraries to run Palera1n, but it still does not work on iOS 16.4. Attempting to do so will cause an infinite loop trying to mount the rootfs.
The updated loader supports both rootless and rootfull jailbreaks and will automatically switch depending on your choice. It will also no longer display the install button if a jailbreak is already installed. Another advantage of Palera1n-c is that it does not require an internet connection after the initial download, and there is no need to create a ramdisk or install gaster or pyimg4.
As a LiveCD, Palen1x works seamlessly with any version of Windows, regardless of whether you are using Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or even the latest Windows 11. The specific edition of Windows you have installed is not a factor.
Info: Palera1n-c will never work in Oracle VirtualBox, VMware Workstation or any other virtual machine that doesn't support a PCI pass-through.
The ISO file of Palen1x includes the latest release of Palera1n-c, ensuring that you have access to the latest jailbreaking technology. It installs Substitute, an alternative to the commonly used platform for jailbreak tweaks, Cydia Substrate. Substitute is known for its stability, compatibility, and improved performance, making it a sought-after solution for jailbreak enthusiasts.
Palen1x is an open source project that was developed and released by the Palera1n Team under the MIT license. The source code is publicly available through the team's GitHub repository, and the entire project was written in shell language. This allows users to access, modify, and contribute to the development of Palen1x, making it a truly community-driven effort.
All A8-A11 systems on a chip (SoC) are supported by jailbreak. Below, you can find the actual list of compatible Palera1n-C Jailbreak iPhones and iPads. The jailbreak was tested to run and work without issues on iPhone X (GSM),iPhone 8, iPhone 7, and iPhone 6s running iOS 15.
for iOS 15.0 – 15.7.1
- A8 – Phone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini 4.
- A8X – iPad Air 2.
- A9 – iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE,iPad (2017) 5th Generation.
- A9X – iPad Pro (12.9 in.) 1st generation, iPad Pro (9.7 in.).
- A10 – iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPad (2018, 6th generation),iPad (2019, 7th generation) (iOS 14 not supported).
- A10X – iPad Pro 10.5” (2017),iPad Pro 12.9” 2nd Gen (2017).
- A11 – iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
for iOS 16.0 – 16.3
- A11 – iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
Prepare the USB drive
As Palen1x is made available in the form of an ISO file, you can easily burn it onto a CD/DVD. However, the preferred method is to flash the OS image onto a USB drive and run Palera1n from it. This approach offers greater versatility and allows for a more efficient jailbreaking experience.
To run Palen1x on Windows PC, follow these simple steps:
- Download and install Etcher on your computer.
- Obtain the Palen1x ISO file (the link can be found at the top of the page).
- Use Etcher to flash the ISO to your USB drive.
- Restart your computer and enter your BIOS's boot menu.
- Select the prepared USB drive as the boot device.
- Once the Palen1x OS has loaded, run Palera1n from the menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your iPhone.
Tip: On A11, you must disable your passcode while in the jailbroken state (on iOS 16, you need to reset your device before proceeding with palera1n-c on A11).
Migrate from palera1n.sh
Before attempting the new jailbreak, it is important to note that if you have previously used a Palera1n tethered jailbreak, you will need to restore the rootfs before proceeding.
- Go into your palera1n folder, or clone a new one if needed.
- Execute the following command to restore the rootfs.
./palera1n.sh --tweaks <your iOS version> --restorerootfs
- Make sure usbmuxd is restarted.
sudo systemctl stop usbmuxd sudo usbmuxd -f -p
- Run Palen1x LiveCD and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Updated Palen1x to version 1.0.8.
- Based on palera1n-c 2.0.0 Beta 5.
- Added -f to debug info, minor overlook.
- bindFS option now available in palera1n options.
- Fully switch to an Alpine-based distribution for smaller ISO size.
- Update bootstrap-rootful.
- Fix bootstrap scripts.
- Update Palera1n menu.