Erika tweak is a great CyDown alternative for iOS
Paisseon is the iOS tweak developer behind Satella 2 and CyDown++ tweaks for iOS. She released another tweak to download paid tweaks for free on Installer, Saily, Sileo, and Zebra. Install Erika from the repo and use the tweak downloader alternative for CyDown.
What is Erkia?
Erika tweak is a CyDown++ and CyDown alternative designed for Saily, Sileo, Installer, and Zebra. This tweak allows users to share their tweak packages with other users using the tweak. As with CyDown, you can download paid tweaks for free on supported package managers.
After you install this jailbreak tweak on your device, a dedicated preference pane will get added in the Settings app where users can enable Erika tweak to work with selected package managers. There is also a toggle to use the CyDown folder for saving downloaded tweaks.
Erika integrates into all popular package managers for iOS, excluding Cydia. When you are using the old school package manager, try instead the CyDown or CyDown++ tweaks. What's more, the Erika tweak bypasses the anti-CyDown DRM on repos, allowing you to download packages.
The main purpose of Erika tweak is to download paid Cydia tweaks for free by sharing them with other users. Erika integrates with package managers, allowing you to automatically share your own and download packages from other users rather than official Cydia Repositories.
Erika tweak works with all modern jailbreaks running iOS 13.0 through iOS 16, including the latest release of Palera1n Jailbreak for iOS 15.0 – iOS 15.7.2, and iOS 16 – iOS 16.2. Once you will enable the tweak for your package manager, you can activate it by tapping the icon on the tweak depiction page opened in the package manager. Erika will try to download the tweak.
When a tweak will be downloaded successfully, Erika tweak will prompt with a “Success” window. From here, you can tap on the Get Zappy button to open the file location in Filza and access the DEB package. The file manager can also install the downloaded tweak.
Erika tweak is an open-source project released under AGPL-3.0 license through GitHub Repository. Over 90% of the source code was written in Swift language. The source code is still maintained and the latest changes to the project were committed on 8 Jan 2023.
Erika tweak was published via the private Paisseon Repository. Add the Ericka Repo to your package manager and install the latest version of the tweak downloader. This is probably the best CyDown alternative for jailbroken devices. It supports iOS 13, iOS 14, iOS 15, and iOS 16.
To install Erika tweak on your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Open the Cydia app from the Home Screen.
- Tap on the Sources tab, then select Edit.
- Add the following repository URL: https://paisseon.github.io
- Search for Erika tweak and install the package from the newly added repo.
- Respiring your iPhone to save changes.
- Open the Erika tweaks preference pane from the Settings app.
Alternatively, please use the quick links available at the top of this page to add with just one tap the repository to your favorite package manager (Cydia, Sileo, Installer, Zebra).
- Updated Erika tweak to version 1.10.3,
- Added support for iOS 15 and iOS 16.
- Fix preferences on arm64e.
- Major performance improvements to downloader and status view.
- Fix bug where the view wouldn't dismiss properly after the first tweak download in Saily.
- Remove postinst-- Erika folder creation is now handled in the constructor.
- Change Saily activation to only require tapping the Erika button in the dropdown menu, not the tweak icon.
- Fix GUI not displaying on the latest version of Saily.
- Change the destination of deb files from /var/mobile/Erika to /var/mobile/Media/Erika to allow for retrieving files in a jailed state.
- Fix a bug in the postinst of 1.8 wherein the installation would fail if Erika had not been installed before.
- Added support for iOS 14.
- Integrated the tweak with Installer and Zebra.
- Updated the tweak download status prompt.
- Updated hook for Saily.