AndroBar tweak brings Android navigation bar to iOS
All Android devices offer a navigation bar displayed on the bottom of the screen. This bar is used for going back and accessing apps more quickly, showing all opened windows, stopping and playing audio, etc. AndroBar brings the Android navigation bar to iOS.
Add AndroBar Repo to your package manager.
What is AndroBar?
AndroBar is a free jailbreak tweak that adds an Android-inspired navigation bar to iOS devices. The tweak supports iOS 14 on all notched iPhones and iPads. Devices with home buttons might experience some bugs. AndroBar works on modern jailbreaks such as unc0ver and checkra1n.
Once installed, the AndroBar tweak adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app from where you can configure all options to your liking. There is a toggle to enable the tweak globally. All configuration options were added to two sections such as appearance and Behavior.
AndroBar tweak comes by default with four themes such as Pixel, Samsung, Samsung S8, and Simple. Custom themes can be placed in the AndroBar Themes directory on your iPhone. What's more, AndroBar's smart coloring feature can adapt to the background content. If it doesn't work as you expect it, there is also an option to specify a custom color by the user.
The bar can be also set to transparent making it possible to view more of the screen when using an app. From the Appearance pane, you can also enable no image tinting. This option is recommended when you are using a custom icon pack that has collared icons.
Using the AndroBar tweaks bar you can quickly return to the Home Screen, open the previous app, activate the App Switcher, or pause and resume audio or video played in the background.
AndroBar offers also the ability to collapse and expand it on demand with the tap and hold or swipe up gesture. This is really useful for certain apps, such as full-screen ones, as the AndroBar tweak can prevent interface conflicts or other issues down the line.
On top of that, you can define up to two Quick Action buttons for left and right action. Use them to open your favorite apps and access your favorite iOS functions such as open app library, open today view, open spotlight search, open control center, toggle orientation, toggle flashlight, toggle reachability, and quick access to next and previous track.
AndroBar tweak supports also haptic feedback which is set by default to none. With this option enabled you can specify a level of intensive for the haptic feedback when tapping a button.
From tweaks settings, you can additionally define the bar height, show the AndroBar on Lock Screen and Control Center, show AndroBar when the keyboard is presented, swap the position of back and switcher, and add a ripple effect to buttons upon tap.
To apply all changes it's required to respring your device. The developer included a proper button in the top bar. If you find the Android bar useful this is the must-have tweak for all jailbroken devices. AndroBar is an excellent tweak and it's absolutely free. Give it a try!
AndroBar tweak was released as a free package through the private Ginsu Tweaks Repository. Add the official AndroBar Repo to the list of your Cydia Sources and install the latest version of the tweak 3.1 enabling Android inspired bar on iOS 14.
- Tap on the Cydia app icon from the Home Screen.
- Switch to the Sources tab and tap Edit → Add.
- Add the https://repo.ginsu.dev repository URL.
- Cydia will automatically refresh packages available in the repo.
- Search for AndroBar tweak and install the package.
- Restart the Springboard to complete the installation.
- Access AndroBar tweaks preferences from the Settings app.
Alternatively, please use the quick links available below to add the repository to your favorite package manager (Cydia, Sileo, Installer, Zebra) with just one tap.
- Fixed a few visual issues.
- Added the ability to rearrange each of AndroBar's buttons.
- Removed RTL mode.
- Fixed performance issues.
- Rewrote the tweak from scratch.
- Fix large empty spaces shown in the tab bars of many apps.
- Improved compatibility for some types of apps.
- Added compatibility mode, which you can enable for certain apps.
- Made iPad only code only run on iPad.
- Fixed all known bugs.
- Fixed memory and battery drain issues.
- Reduced package size.
- Improved appearance when the keyboard is showing.
- Added Activator support.
- Added more themes.
- Redesigned the themes, and made them sharper.
- Improved the haptic feedback feature, you can now adjust the strength.