Download AltStore IPA installer for iOS
When you are searching for an iOS app to sign and install IPA files directly on your device AltStore is your man. It doesn't exactly do it on your iPhone but if you running AltServer on your Desktop and it's in the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone it will do the job.
Download AltStore for Windows, macOS, or Linux.
- macOS download link - (macOS 10.14 and above)
- Windows 32-bit download link - (Windows 10 or higher)
- Windows 64-bit download link - (Windows 10 or higher)
- Linux download link (Linux x86 & 64)
What is AltStore?
AltStore is a free iOS app allowing you to install IPA files directly on your device without the need to jailbreak your iPhone. With a free certificate, you can install up to 3 apps that will work for 7 days without revoking. AltServer can re-sign all apps to prevent them from expiring.
Cydia Impactor is not working anymore with free certificates and AltStore was the first app to fill the gap. The technology behind AltServer is used also by Sideloadly to sign and install IPA files on iPhones and iPads. Riley Testut did an excellent job finding a workaround to sign IPA files.
AltStore works with iOS 12.2, iOS 13, iOS 14, and the latest iOS 15. It can now also sideload IPA files directly to iOS devices without installing AltStore first. Hold Option (macOS) or Start (Windows) when clicking the AltServer icon to reveal the new "Sideload .ipa…" menu option.
For the initial release, AltStore was created to install Delta (all in one emulator for iOS) but the developer decided to allow other users to distribute their apps through the IPA signing tool.
Use AltServer to install IPA files with your Apple ID over WiFi, re-sign apps in the background to prevent them from expiring, and handle all app updates through AltStore installed on your iPhone or iPad. All operations require to run AltServer in the same WiFi network as your device.
What's more, AltStore can deactivate installed apps allowing you to switch between apps (max 10) without the 3 app limit. This way it's possible to install up to 10 apps on your iOS device and switch between them when needed. The app works also with a paid Apple developer account.
Download IPA in the Safari browser and send the files directly to the AltStore app for signing and installing. Since version 1.4 (min. iOS 14 required) there is included an option to refresh apps via Siri and Shortcuts app, support for Home Screen widget displaying sideloaded apps expire time.
AltStore can be also installed on any modern jailbreak like unc0ver or Taurine15. Using a modified version of the IPA signing tool for iOS the AltStore app will not get revoked.
Furthermore, the developer released AltDaemon for all jailbroken devices via Chariz Repo. It allows AltStore to install and sign apps without using AltServer on a computer. This feature makes AltStore a self-working IPA signing tool for iOS, exactly like ReProvision.
AltStore is packed with accessibility for VoiceOver users, as well as support for 3rd party sources with IPAs and URL scheme for adding sources directly. This last feature allows you to download and install IPA files automatically on your device.
The possibilities offered by the tool don't end here. AltStore and AltServer are known for their support for the jailbreak community. As a result since AltStore 1.4.8 allows you to install unc0ver's Fugu14-based untethered jailbreak (works after restart) on iOS 14.3 - iOS 14.5.1.
There's more. When Psychic Paper exploit was released for iOS 13 - iOS 13.4 AltStore was implemented not only to install but also to allow Filza Escaped to view and manage all files on your device without jailbreak. The exploit was fixed with iOS 13.5 beta release.
One of the last features implemented to AltStore is support for AltJIT. With Just-In-Time (JIT) compilations supported apps can be compiled natively on the device allowing them to run at full speed. As an example, Delta JIT compilation doubles the Fast Forward speed from 1.5x to 3x.
With JIT compilation supported on iOS 14.2 - iOS 15.4, emulation apps can now run at full speed and performance. This feature is provided by iOS but was never been publicly mentioned by Apple. JIT apps are not available at AppStore, only sideloaded apps can handle this feature.
Besides Delta emulator, also UTM (virtual machine for iOS) and DolphiniOS (GameCube and Wii emulator for iPhone and iPad) apps work with AltJIT. To run apps in JIT mode simply tap on an app icon and activate 3D Touch and select from the context menu Enable JIT if available.
AltServer and AltStore were never released officially for Linux, but there are available forks of the project via GitHub AltServer Linux and AltServerGUI Linux. Riley Testut is responsible only for the AltStore Windows and AltStore macOS releases installed via AltServer.
If you are running a device without jailbreak you can try the TrollStore app. It uses the CoreTrust bypass bug to install permanently apps on stock iOS and it doesn't require a jailbroken environment. It works on iOS 14.0 up to iOS 14.8.1 and iOS 15 up to iOS 15.1.1.
Install AltStore on iOS
AltStore can be installed on iOS using the official AltServer for Windows and macOS. Linux users can download the DEB file of the AltServer-LinuxGUI release.
Download AltStore Windows
AltStore Windows users! Before continuing install the latest version of iTunes and iCloud for Windows. Download the files from Apple.com, and don't use the Microsoft Store.
1. Download AltStoreWindows and extract the ZIP file, double-click the "setup.exe" file to begin the installation, and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB and trust the device with your computer.
3. Open iTunes and enable iTunes Wi-Fi sync for your iPhone.
4. Launch AltServer application.
5. Click on the AltServer icon in the Notification Area, click "Install AltStore".
6. Provide your Apple ID and password.
7. AltStore app will be installed on your device in a few seconds.
8. Open the Settings app and navigate to General → VPN & Device Management.
9. Trust the newly installed certificate named [Your Apple ID].
Download AltSotre macOS
AltStore Mac users! After lunching the AltServer app it's required to install the Mail plug-in. The Mail.app should allwas run in the background to sign and install IPA files.
1. Open AltServer app.
2. Click on the AltServer icon from the Menu Bar and Install the Mail Plug-in.
3. Enter your Apple ID and password, and clickInstall.
4. Open the Mail app and go to Mail → Preferences.
5. Click on the Manage Plug-ins in the General tab.
6. Click on the checkbox next to AltPlugin.mailbundle, next Apply and Restart Mail button.
Download AltStore Linux
AltStore Linux users! AltServer Linux GUI was tested to work on Debian 11, Ubuntu 20.04, and Manjaro 21.2.4. The application adds a system tray app just like AltServer on macOS.
1. Install AltServer Linux using the command.
sudo dpkg -i AltServer.deb
2. In the next step Install all required dependencies.
sudo apt-get install usbmuxd libimobiledevice6 libimobiledevice-utils wget curl
3. Open AltStore Linux GUI from the system tray.
On jailbroken devices, add the dtathemes Repo to Cydia Sources. It contains the modified version of AltStore that will run without revokes on your iPhone. Jailbreak required!
Add AltStore Repo
- Open the Cydia app from the Home Screen.
- Tap Sources → Edit → Add the https://cydia.dtathemes.com/repo/ Repo URL.
- Install the AltStore package.
- When Cydia will ask you to respring the device confirm.
Alternatively, please use the quick links to add the AltStore repository to your favorite package manager (Cydia, Sileo, Installer, Zebra) with just one click.
Next to it, you can install AltDaemon app via Chariz Repo to install and sign apps without using AltServer on a computer. AltDaemon runs in the background and runs only when called by AltStore to sign sideloaded apps or IPA files. Otherwise, it remains suspended.
Add AltDaemon Repo
- Add the repository to Cydia app.
- Tap Sources → Edit → Add the https://repo.chariz.com Repo URL.
- Search and install the AltDaemon.
- Respring the device to apply changes.
- The daemon works in the background with no options to configure.
Download AltStore IPA
AltStore IPA can be downloaded and installed on any device running iOS 12 and newer. If for some reason you can't install the app with AltServer sideload the IPA file on your iPhone with Sideloadly or AppSync Unified tweak for jailbroken devices.
AltStore IPA Download
Step 1. Connect your iPhone / iPad to the computer via USB.
Step 2. Tap on Install via Sideloadly application.
Step 4. Sideloadly will automatically download the IPA file.
Step 5. Enter your Apple ID to sign the AltStore IPA.
Step 6. Click the Start button to proceed with the installation of the AltStore.
Step 7. Provide the password for your Apple ID.
After the file is verified and installed on your iPhone or iPad it's required to allow using apps from a developer account connected with your Apple ID. To allow the app to run go to Settings.
Step 1. Open Settings app from the Home Screen.
Step 2. Navigate to General → VPN & Device Management.
Step 3. Click on the developer app with your e-mail.
Step 4. Tap on Trust to allow the application to run.
Sign IPA files on iPhone
To install IPA files on iPhone using AltStore app it's required to run AltServer on your Desktop. In reality, the sandboxed app sends the IPA file to AltServer to sign and install the app.
1. Open the AltStore app from your Home Screen.
2. Navigate to "My Apps" section.
3. Click the + button in the right top corner to select an IPA file.
4. AltStore will now load the IPA, sign and install the app.
Due to the licensing of some dependencies (created by Jay Freeman) used by AltStore, the developer distributed the software under the AGPLv3 license (open source) via GitHub Repo.
To compile the code it's required to use Xcode 1 and Swift 5+. iOS 12.2+ (AltStore) and macOS 10.14.4+ (AltServer). AltStore was written mostly in Swift 91.0%. Riley provided source code for all its components including AltPlugin, AltServer, AltWidget, AltStore, and AltDaemon.
- Using Apple IDs that contain capital letters.
- Using Apple IDs that have 2FA enabled without any trusted devices.
- Incorrect “Developer Disk incompatible with [iOS Version]” error when enabling AltJIT.
- Error installing Mail plug-in after uninstalling it.
- Memory leak when refreshing apps over WiFi.
- Wired connections occasionally stalling.
- Enable Just-in-Time (JIT) compilation for sideloaded apps with new "Enable JIT" menu option
- Sideload apps (.ipa's) directly to iOS devices without installing AltStore first*
- Install AltStore onto multiple iOS devices using the same Apple ID
- AltPlugin can now be updated independently from AltServer
- Added “…” to menu items that require additional user input to match macOS HIG
- Prefers “Individual” paid teams over free teams if there are multiple Apple Developer teams associated with your Apple ID
- Revokes the previous iOS Development certificate created by AltStore (if one exists) instead of revoking a random one
- Improved various error messages
- Fixed “App Group does not exist” error when sideloading apps
- Fixed a potential crash when disconnecting an iOS device from your computer
- Fixed a potential crash when sideloading certain apps
- Fixed potentially registering an app group twice when sideloading an app containing app extensions
- Fixed “RSTPlaceholderView.nib couldn’t be saved” error when sideloading apps
- Fixed duplicate “Revoke Development Certificate” alerts when sideloading apps